Thinking about becoming a Yoga Instructor? Simply want to deepen your own practice?
Our 200-hour comprehensive programs will give you the foundations you need to deepen your personal practice and become a transformational yoga teacher. They are ideal for serious students of yoga AND aspiring teachers. The program comprises three areas of study: The Theory and Practice of Yoga, Yoga Philosophy, and The Art of Teaching.
Trainings take place during select weekends for a period of multiple months (dates below). Students are expected to take an additional 3 classes per week to expand on your practice. Those that are interested in teaching will have an opportunity to teach community classes at Afterglow Yoga upon completion of the program.
In these expansive trainings you’ll learn how to help your students — and yourself! — develop a heightened sense of body and self-awareness to deepen their practice on the mat, but most importantly how to show them ways to take that awareness off the mat and into their daily lives.
Come Take the Journey with Afterglow!
Not only will we dive into yoga texts and further explore the practice, you will also learn how to develop skills for teaching inspirational and safe classes of many different styles for many different levels of students:
- Discover creative ways to warm-up and cool down the body
- Learn the benefits of classical yoga postures and the 8 limb path of yoga
- Learn how to be innovative with sequencing and how to incorporate the Iyengar ropes wall in your classes
- Find ways to motivate students and safely pace your class
- Learn how to work with different students’ skill levels and experience by offering modifications, posture options and contraindications
- Master how to create lesson plans for a complete series of classes with progressive levels of difficulty
- Enable your students to experience body-mind integration and purification through yogic breathing by first exploring the concepts yourself. Learn to connect consciously with prana, or life force—the inherent wisdom of the body
- Understand and practice creative ways of incorporating various methods of pranayama into your posture sequences
- Acquire skills for centering yourself and your students, creating sacred space, and guiding the class in a deeply restorative Savasana
- Learn principles of anatomy, physiology, and kinesiology helping you to focus on safety, joint movement, range of motion, and gaining a functional understanding of skeletomuscular systems and structures
- Gain a deep understanding of yogic philosophy
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or submit a $500 deposit to reserve your spot.
In the spirit of Afterglow’s mission to “Offer amazing yoga and movement to the public at a price they can afford“, we have kept our prices down so that the program can be accessible to all!
Pricing for Afterglow Members:
Early bird (through June 30th) – ONLY $2,095
Regular pricing – $2,395
Pricing for Non-Members: (become a member today and save!)
Early bird (through June 30th) – ONLY $2,395
Regular pricing – $2,695
This is the least expensive training program ON ISLAND!
*All pricing includes unlimited yoga and movement classes for the duration of the training as well as manuals and instruction. Required texts must be purchased separately.
Fall 2019 Training at Afterglow Yoga Wailuku
Space is limited to 10 lucky people per training to allow ample attention and time for each individual student. $500 sets your intention and reserves your spot in the training.